So what on earth am I doing here? What could possess anyone to leave England's green and pleasant pastures for the east coast of America? Well to be honest, I'm at a bit of a loss. It all started back in August 2010 when I met my wife to be. A few visits over the atlantic, me here and her to London, and we were married in March - and I moved over here in May. That is the shortest possible version of events it's wise to give, you can draw your own conclusions as to my sanity, it never crossed my mind it might be an odd course of events.
So where am I now and what will I be blogging about? Well we live in an area of D.C called Adam's Morgan, famed for it's cultural diversity, victorian houses and busy nightlife. Right now I'm writing to you from a coffee house called Tryst on 18th street. I'm one of about 30 other macbook wielding young professionals tap tapping away, doing, well, probably much the same as me. I can't actually believe I'm becoming one of them - it's time to embrace! I'm currently opposite a danish family here for a weeks holiday, drinking coffee, eating pastries and apparently planning what on earth they are going to spend a week doing in D.C. The temptation to, as a resident, jump in with exciting suggestions is tempered only by the fact that I haven't a clue what you would do as a tourist with a week to kill here. Sounds like a challenge? what on earth is there in this town? Well, it's time to find out..
So watch this space, I'll be dropping in regularly to offer you perspectives of living in D.C. what's going on and what there is to offer. Forgive the basic format, that will all change very soon...
Chin chin!

No comments:
Post a Comment